Click Shoreline Owners Guide for access to more detailed information
1. Establish and/or expand buffer zones. Click HERE to learn more
2. Don't use fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides.
3. Get septic systems pumped out regularly and maintain the field bed. Click HERE to learn more
4. Use phosphate free and biodegradable soaps and cleaning products
5. Insure no paint, stain, gas and/or oil enters the lake.
6. Make no wake
7. Be a good Neighbour and good Steward - be considerate of your environment- be aware of your actions and the impact you are having on what surrounds you.
Blue Green Algae
Click HERE to read all about Blue Green Algae - published by the Peterborough Health Unit a number of years ago it is a very informative and balanced document.
Click HERE and HERE to read the government of Ontario Fact sheets - also vintage but still relevant
To learn about Eurasian milfoil Click HERE
To read the 2009 progress report click HERE
To read the 2012 report about the milfoil in Clear Lake Click HERE.
To read the 2013 report click HERE
Water Survey Results
To look at the detail 2009-2018 water testing/survey results go
To look at a summary report of the 2009-2017 water testing/survey results go
Know your limit and fish within it.
To discover fishing limits and seasons in our zone (10) go HERE
If you suspect someone is overfishing REPORT IT doing nothing condones it!
If there is a spill into the lake call the Spills Action Hotline at 1-800-268-6060 to notify the MOE.
To find out what happens if there is a traffic accident that creates a spill that threatens the lake- click HERE